Our Centre and many of you who would like to attend meditation classes have been greatly affected by Lock Down and the current events in our country.
For this reason, we are offering this class so you can join in at a rate that you can afford. If you would like to donate more for the class this option is available too. In these classes we will have an opportunity to learn and practice some simple breathing meditations. This will help you to find your calm and focus better on being the person you want to be. Just a short time of breathing meditation gives the freedom of having let go of disturbing mental habits and a feeling of well-being we all need. Meditation has many more benefits and we will learn how to access these during these sessions together. If you find the class useful and you would like to meditate more during the week you will have access to an audio recording of the class as apart of your class ticket. This you can use to meditate on your own or join in another class. — Its time to enjoy some inner peace.
LIVE “ZOOM” class.
Due to the current situation, our usual physical classes have been put on hold. To keep our community connected and to provide ongoing meditation classes we will now be using an online option. This will help us to stay connected with our inner peace and to find some inspiring solutions in these challenging times.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE SESSIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU IF YOU ARE IN KZN OR THE SURROUNDING AREAS. IF YOU ARE CLOSER TO ANOTHER KADAMPA CENTRE PLEASE CONNECT WITH THEIR ONLINE MEDITATION CLASS PROGRAM BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK: CENTERS OF MODERN KADAMPA BUDDHISM.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Book a ticket for the class
- You will be emailed a Zoom Meeting link
- This link will redirect you to Zoom
- If you are using a mobile device, you will need to download Zoom from the Play Store or the Apple store depending on your device
- If you are using a separate device, you will have to type in the Meeting ID
- Be ready ahead of time
- Relax and enjoy!
The classes are live, so you will only be able to view the class during the specified time.
- Find a quiet, peaceful space with no distractions
- You can sit on a chair or on the floor, wherever you feel comfortable
- No special clothes are necessary
- Use your favourite device (laptop, tablet, phone etc) and switch off the others to prevent disturbances
- You may want to use headphones
- Keep a notebook and pen nearby in case inspiration strikes
- Set up and sign in a few minutes before the time so that you can settle in
- Prepare for a peaceful experience of learning and meditation
THIS EVENT IS FREE TO MEMBERS, DO NOT NEED TO PURCHASE A TICKET, THEY WILL BE EMAILED THE LINK BEFORE THE CLASS.
If you would like to become a supporting member, please visit our website.